Spirituality and Health
The conference was held at Adelaide Convention Center, with attendees comprising mostly health professionals who have some interest in the area of spirituality and health. Suffice to say, the conference is not for me.
What was wrong with it?
As stated, most attendees are health professionals, and I'm not a health professionals. Also, I do stand out, big time, among the attendees. I don't fit the general appearance and age of them. Most of them (i believe 90%) can be described as pre-retiree, anglo-saxon, health professionals while another 9% are middle-age, anglo-saxon health professionals and 1% students, of which 5 out of the 700+ can be considered as non-anglo-saxon...
And I was one of that 5 person.
Awkward. But I was there to learn.
Anyway, Dr Koenig (keynote and main presenter) was very good. He raised a lot of interesting points there. However, most of the stuff that was mentioned, has already known to me. (I am a PhD student in that area. I am supposed to know them, isn't it?)
Fortunately, Noel was there with me. He joined halfway through the week when I was there. So nothing was lost.
I've met a few people there, and make some friends. And an adventure into the police suspect line-up for Noel.
Some photos:

No comments:
Post a Comment